Friday, September 12, 2014

Foodie Friday: Crock Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken

So, I LOVE BBQ!  But so many different recipes are so high in calories.  So I decided to give it a chance.
For date night last Saturday night, I decided to make crockpot pulled bbq chicken, and my boyfriend and I LOVED it!

Crockpot Pulled BBQ Chicken

Ingredients:

  • 6 large Chicken Breasts
  • 16 oz of the BBQ sauce of your choice (just remember, this will affect the calories for the recipe. I used Carolina Tangy Gold BBQ sauce).
  • 1 teaspoon Chili powder
  • About 16 oz of water

In your crock pot, mix all the ingredients.  Set on low for 3 hours.  Then on high for about 30-45 mins (until the chicken is cooked all the way through).
Then with 2 forks, shred the chicken into wonderful pulled yumminess for the best pulled pork ever!

Total Serving: 12-15 (each serving is about 1/3 of a cup)
Total Calories:  164 Calories per serving

You can pair this with nice steamed veggies, mashed potatoes, or low-cal buns.

So here is to losing it...
Slowly, but surely!
Cana Elene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment.