Friday, August 15, 2014

Food Friday: Date Night Food!

So, I'm a huge fan of meatloaf.  To me, it's a comfort food, like chicken & dumplings and cornbread with boiled cabbage.  I love it and can't resist it.  But they are so high in points, so greasy, and so bad for you.  Which is so sad for me.

But I've found a way to fix that!  My yummy date night meatloaf.  Now, there are no pictures because, (1) I forgot; (2) I wasn't cooking it at home; (3) and because Mike and I devoured it :-).
____________________________________________________________________________
Ingredients:

  • 1 lb extra-lean ground turkey breast (93% lean if possible)
  • 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (note that this can change the point value depending on what you use.  I used Krafts Spicy Honey BBQ)
  • 1 Tbsp of Garlic paste/2 minced garlic cloves
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 cup of ground up oatmeal
  • 2 Tbsp of Six Italian Cheese
  • 2 tsp of Mrs. Dash Onion & Herbs seasoning
First, I took my dad's food processor and pulsed the oatmeal a bit until most of it was powdery, but the rest was just broken up.  I liked using this instead of bread crumbs because I already had it and it gave the meatloaf a different flavor which I really enjoyed.

Start preheating the oven for 350 degrees.  Then mix in all ingredients in a bowl and then place in a well sprayed pan.  Place in the oven for about 40 minutes.  Once it was done, I let it cool just a bit before serving.  It is 3 servings, and each serving is 8 points.  I served it with yummy golden mashed potatoes and green peas, which made the whole meal 12 points.  But, you can adjust the sides to lower the points for the meal.
____________________________________________________________________________

I promise, next time I make it, I'll post pics!  I definitely think that this is a repeat meal!  So, go ahead and try it.  Let me know what you think.

So here is to loosing it... Slowly, but surely! Cana Elene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment.