Friday, August 29, 2014

Foodie Friday: Cauliflower Helper

I'm a huge fan of Hamburger Helper.  Yet the problem with that is it is full of fat, sodium, and a LOT of carbs.  This could throw your eating plan for a whirl.  So what are you to do?  Create something!  I personally love cauliflower, and I buy a head or 2 at a time.

Cana's Cauliflower Helper!

  • 2 lbs of cauliflower (a large head)
  • 1 lb of ground turkey (try and find the lowest fat content if possible)
  • 8 oz of reduced fat cheese, shredded.
  • 1 cup of green peas, frozen
  • 1/4 cup of unsweetened, plain almond milk

Steam the cauliflower & peas together until tender (I believe this took about 20 minutes).  While steaming the veggies, brown turkey and season it with your choice of seasonings.  Drain both veggies and turkey.  Then mix in a large pan, with heat on medium.  Add almond milk and cheese.  Stir until completely mixed.

This recipe serves about 5 people each 11 oz servings.  And each serving is 6 WWPP.  How great is that?  I think it is beyond awesome!

What I did was I used cajun seasoning for the turkey, and I used reduced fat mexican-style cheese.  It had the perfect amount of heat and creaminess that I love from Hamburger Helper, without the large amount of fat, sodium, and carbs!

Enjoy!

So here is to loosing it... Slowly, but surely!
Cana Elene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment.