Cana's Cauliflower Helper!
- 2 lbs of cauliflower (a large head)
- 1 lb of ground turkey (try and find the lowest fat content if possible)
- 8 oz of reduced fat cheese, shredded.
- 1 cup of green peas, frozen
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened, plain almond milk
Steam the cauliflower & peas together until tender (I believe this took about 20 minutes). While steaming the veggies, brown turkey and season it with your choice of seasonings. Drain both veggies and turkey. Then mix in a large pan, with heat on medium. Add almond milk and cheese. Stir until completely mixed.
This recipe serves about 5 people each 11 oz servings. And each serving is 6 WWPP. How great is that? I think it is beyond awesome!
What I did was I used cajun seasoning for the turkey, and I used reduced fat mexican-style cheese. It had the perfect amount of heat and creaminess that I love from Hamburger Helper, without the large amount of fat, sodium, and carbs!
So here is to loosing it... Slowly, but surely!